POSITION DESCRIPTION: Full Time Theology Teacher reporting to the Principal. We are looking for someone with a passion for Catholic/Christian ministry, a desire to embrace the Jesuit dual charism of faith and zeal, and a passion for building a strong Jesuit Catholic pedagogical team to work with young students in an urban setting.
Loyola High School- Detroit provides a faith-based education to underserved students from the Detroit and surrounding metropolitan areas. Our goal is to develop tomorrow’s community leaders by making high-quality education accessible to motivated young people in a learning environment that values cultural, spiritual, and ethnic diversity. Our educational approach provides each student with the opportunity to succeed through small classes, high expectations, and active participation in our Corporate Work Study Program affiliated with the nationally-recognized Cristo Rey Network.
- Teach five sections of Theology to an ethnically and religiously diverse group of high school students.
- Work collaboratively with a department team focused on student achievement and data-driven interventions.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction to address departmental standards.
- Be present at all staff meetings, retreats, and celebrations.
- Prepare lessons, grade student work, maintain digital gradebook, and use Google Apps;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with students and instructional team.
- Communicate effectively with families.
- Help with vigilance at school assemblies, prayer services, masses and other class or school gatherings.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Masters’ Degree in Theology preferred.
- Experience in teaching at all levels of high school.
- Preferred experience with curriculum development, specifically work with the US Catholic Bishops’ Curriculum Framework for Catechetical Materials.
- Utilize effective research-based instruction and assessment.
- Ability to multitask and integrate technology into workflow.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Submit resume, a copy of teaching credentials and cover letter/email to Wyatt Jones III, Principal, Loyola High School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful completion of background check is a condition of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com