Job Title: Science Teacher
Reports To: Principal
Classification: Full Time
Loyola High School provides a faith-based education to underserved male students from Detroit and the surrounding metropolitan areas. Our goal is to develop tomorrow’s community leaders by making high-quality education accessible to motivated young people in a learning environment that values cultural, spiritual, and ethnic diversity. Our educational approach provides each student with the opportunity to succeed through small classes, high expectations, and active participation in our Corporate Work Study Program affiliated with the nationally recognized Cristo Rey Network.
Major responsibilities: Teach two sections of Physics and two sections of Chemistry to male high school students in Grades 11 and 12.
Essential job functions:
- Plan and implement creative lessons and inspire students to learn;
- Teach and develop student skills in scientific and mathematical processes;
- Demonstrate instructional practices that engage students in conceptual thinking, promote problem solving and creativity, and challenge students to achieve high standards of content mastery;
- Take ownership for student academic progress and show an active interest in student achievement;
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt delivery to meet the needs of students with varying academic skill levels;
- Communicate timely and effectively with students, parents, and staff;
- Collaborate with staff and other professionals to plan lessons and meet student needs
- A bachelor’s degree in the subject area and Michigan teaching certification or pathway to certification required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as retirement plans.
Please forward resume and credentials to Therese Marz, Director Finance & Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful completion of background check is a condition of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com