Campus Ministry Leader
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Campus Ministry Leader is a half-time position that reports to the Dean of Student Formation. The Campus Ministry Leader is responsible for overseeing and programming the multifaceted faith formation needs of the student body in the areas of retreats, daily prayer and liturgical ministry. The Campus Ministry Leader is responsible to offer programs that foster personal and communal spiritual growth through the planning and administration of all student retreats, to organize school-wide liturgies and to oversee prayer services on campus. The Campus Ministry Leader also works closely with the Administration, Faculty and Staff in the promotion of our Jesuit Catholic identity and mission.
- Oversee all programs related to the spiritual life of the student body.
- Assist students in the development and application of their faith in daily life.
- Plan, prepare and implement the student retreat program which includes: Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior Retreats and the Senior Kairos Retreat. In coordination with student and faculty leaders, themes for the retreats are chosen that are age-appropriate as well as faithful to our Ignatian and Catholic identity.
- Recruit and form our adult leaders and facilitators for our student retreats.
- Plan and organize all liturgies and prayer services for the student body. Campus Ministry is responsible for organizing the set up and execution of these services. This includes coordinating with the Celebrant as well as training and preparing lectors, acolytes and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion.
- Plan and organize Adult Ignatian Formation of the staff to include a School-Opening Retreat, Easter Retreat and monthly Ignatian Formation Sessions featuring Jesuit Educators.
- Coordinate daily morning prayer for the school community to include preparation of materials, audio-visual support and training for adult prayer leaders and student prayer leaders.
- Serves as sacristan. As sacristan, responsibilities include maintaining the Prayer Room, as well as managing inventory for materials like altar wine, hosts, and candles.
- The Campus Ministry Leader works with the Dean of Student Formation and the Counseling department to assist with the Pastoral care for the student body.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets for Campus Ministry and Retreat Programs.
- Leads Christian Service Program. Ensuring that all seniors achieve their goals of service hours. Plan All-School service days.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working within Campus Ministry, specifically with organizing retreats and preparing liturgy.
- 20 hours per week. 7:30am – 11:30am normal daily schedule.
- A deep understanding of Catholic social teaching and Ignatian principles.
- Experience teaching high school Theology and leading retreat experiences is preferred.
- An ability to articulate the Jesuit, Catholic mission of the school with an understanding of Ignatian principles in the secondary educational setting.
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Ability to multitask and integrate technology into workflow.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Submit resume and cover letter/email to Wyatt Jones III, Principal, Loyola High School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful completion of background check is a condition of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com