Loyola High School remains committed to protecting the health and safety of our students, staff, families, and visitors. In accordance with the latest guidance from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Archdiocese of Detroit, we have put in place the following protocols:
- We encourage all eligible students, staff, and family members to become fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. Vaccine information is available from the State of Michigan and the NAACP.
- Face masks are optional until the CDC recommends masking for Wayne County in accordance with the CDC Community Level protocols.
- Students and staff must self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19, the flu, and other airborne illnesses and should remain home if symptoms occur. If symptoms occur during the school day, the individual will be sent home immediately. We encourage families to consult the CDC or a family physician for a list of symptoms.
- Each room is equipped with an air purifier and/or a fan. Weather permitting, windows are to remain open, at least partially, to increase ventilation.
- Classrooms, hallways, the Commons, the gym, and high-touch surfaces, such as handrails and light switches, are disinfected, fumigated, and cleaned daily.
- Students and staff must self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19, the flu, and other airborne illnesses and should remain home if symptoms occur. If symptoms occur during the school day, the individual will be sent home immediately.
- Students and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive must notify Therese Marz, Director, Finance and Operations and follow the isolation guidelines of the CDC and the Detroit Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Loyola High School will continue to review and update these protocols as warranted by changes in the spread of the coronavirus. Please direct any questions or concerns to Therese Marz, Director, Finance and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org